UAC Safety Zone awards recognize UAC business-level member companies who have implemented safety and loss prevention programs through management commitment, employee involvement, and program innovation.
- Safety Zone has a new twist: now you’re competing against your fellow UAC members!
- For the Safety First Awards, the winners will be those with the lowest number of accidents, injuries, illnesses and/or lost time when compared to the other entries.
- Entries will be divided into categories based on fleet size and company size.
- No calculations or volumes of paper needed.
- Just submit the entry form and a form or two that you already have at your fingertips.
New categories, more chances to win
- New award categories for photos and videos that demonstrate your safety measures.
- Three chances to win a trophy in each category, plus your photos/videos could be featured on UAC’s website.
- Winning companies will be listed on UAC’s website and the award will be included on your company’s individual UAC web profile page, increasing your credibility and visibility.
- UAC will provide you with a press release to publicize your company’s proactive approach to safety.
Safety impacts your business
- Safety and health performance are important to the overall success of your company. You can protect your employees by reducing and preventing exposure to hazards.
- A safe work environment results in less absenteeism, higher morale and enhanced relationships between labor and management.
- Obviously, employees benefit when injuries and illnesses decline, but so can your company’s bottom line.
- Dollar savings can be dramatic, including substantial reductions in workers’ compensation expenses.
- Good safety ratings can make you more competitive when bidding for new projects.
Getting in the Safety Zone will make your business OSHA-ready
- Having documented safety programs in place greatly reduces your exposure to OSHA-related violations and fines.
Safety issues? Enter anyway!
- If your company has been struggling with safety issues, entering these awards will show your employees that you are serious about stepping up safety efforts.
- There is no entry fee but you must be a current UAC business-level member.
- These awards recognize safety performance from January 1 – December 31.
- Member companies are encouraged to enter any or all of the award categories.
- Application deadline for 2016 awards: March 1, 2017
- Awards given at the April 2017 UAC dinner meeting