We're glad you asked.
My most relied upon professional association
“Georgia UAC offers a wealth of helpful, practical information and ample, convenient opportunities to connect with fellow professionals. In addition, no organization keeps up with relevant legislation or acts as a better advocate for the green industry. Time and again UAC has proven to be my most relied upon professional association.”
Jeremy Smearman | President & Principal | Planters
UAC understands the challenges we face and works tirelessly
“Georgia UAC understands the challenges we face and works tirelessly to provide resources, sponsor learning events, and offer networking opportunities so we can engage with other green industry professionals. UAC is also a strong advocate, at local and state levels, for the importance of our industry both economically and socially.”
Pam Dooley | Owner | Plants Creative Landscapes
Relationships with other leaders have resulted in lifelong friendships
“Georgia UAC has allowed me to personally gain relationships with other leaders which have resulted in lifelong friendships. Individual companies would never be able represent the industry’s many issues on a state and national level, but as an association, we are collectively able to keep the green industry strong and thriving!”
Teddy Russell | CEO/Owner | Russell Landscape Group
UAC has saved our industry in dire times
“UAC has been instrumental in curtailing unnecessary regulatory measures and their efforts have, many would agree, saved our industry in dire times. I’d therefore recommend becoming a member of UAC to any Green Industry business and also actively engaging in UAC activities to better yourself professionally and improve your business over the long-term.”
Matthew Chappell, PhD | University of Georgia Horticulture Department
Excellent training opportunities and professional certification
“UAC offers excellent training opportunities and professional certification in addition to hosting many social and networking events, some of which highlight the industry’s finest. With agribusiness being the leading industry in Georgia, the Urban Ag Council is an essential and effective ingredient to the state’s overall economic health and wellbeing.”
Mark Banta | President & CEO | Piedmont Park Conservancy
UAC has been a vital asset
“Whether pushing a legislative agenda, offering education opportunities for our associates or providing a meeting space to make valuable contacts with potential customers and vendors, UAC has been a vital asset to NG Turf. We would highly recommend to anyone wanting to grow in the Green Industry to not only join but become an active member of the Georgia Urban Ag Council.”
Jutt Howard | Vice President Operations | NG Turf
When the industry wins, we all win
“As industry competitors in an ever-evolving market, we naturally tend to always want to compete, sometimes intensely. Organizations like Georgia UAC give us a chance to take off our competitor hats and put on our collaborator hats, with the realization that when the industry wins, we all win.”
Jamie Blackburn | Manager of Sales, Marketing, and Business Development | Arborguard Tree Specialists
EXPAND your reach
- Reach new customers. Via this website, our Georgia Landscape Pro blog, and our presence in social media, print, other media and at industry and consumer events, we give potential customers the tools they need to find you.
- Dynamic meetings. UAC networking + education dinner meetings provide networking opportunities along with informative speakers to help you maximize your business potential. Plus, you’ll have informal opportunities to meet and discuss issues with other UAC members, some of the most successful people in the business.
- Sales and marketing. Members have marketing opportunities available to them to promote products and services to UAC’s fast-growing membership at discounted rates.
GROW your company
- Industry-specific knowledge with UAC insurance programs. UAC membership can help reduce your costs through insurance programs administered by the Snellings Walters Agency.
- UAC Magazine. UAC Magazine is a content-rich publication packed with practical info about the industry, urban ag updates, business management, and UAC events.
- Professional development and education. UAC sponsors business and horticultural training, available to members at a discounted rate, and promotes industry-related events.
- Awards. UAC’s GALA (Georgia Landscape Awards) lets you show off your work and be rewarded for your excellence. The UAC Safety Zone Awards help you focus on keeping your employees and your company safe and in compliance.
- Safety School. UAC and Snellings Walters have teamed up to create Safety School, a toolbox of information business owners can use to conduct safety training: content on a variety of topics, directions for the instructor, slide presentations, attendance sheets for insurance/OSHA documentation, and tests for attendees.
- Vehicle savings and peace of mind. UAC members and their families enjoy special vehicle benefits through the auto program, CB Absolute Advantage.
- A legal service plan can help with all sorts of planned and unplanned legal issues. UAC members received discounted monthly rates to become a LegalShield member, and you can rest assured that whether you're facing a legal issue that's big, small or somewhere in between, you'll have access to legal advice and services when you need them. Let LegalShield help you worry less and live more.
STRENGTHEN your industry
- Legislative/regulatory advocacy and representation. UAC is your eyes and ears, keeping you informed of local, state, and Federal legislative and regulatory issues that affect your business, while actively working with these agencies to benefit our industry.
- Raise the bar. Georgia UAC members embrace professionalism by agreeing to principles outlined in the Code of Ethics.
- Make a difference. By serving on one of UAC’s committees, you will have a chance to support, elevate, and shape the future of your industry.
NOTE: The Georgia Urban Ag Council is a 501(c) 6 organization dedicated to professional education and services to the Urban Ag Industry in Georgia. Payments to UAC are not charitable contributions, but may be tax-deductible as business expenses. Please check with your tax advisor for clarification.