UAC works closely with the Georgia Agribusiness Council (GAC), monitoring and reporting to our members weekly during each legislative session through Inside Ag updates. GAC provides background and status information on key issues, prompting action from our members when needed and lobbying on behalf of our industry.
The Georgia Agribusiness Council provides a forum for the entire agricultural industry to share views, develop understanding and work on issues of common concern.
The GAC Mission is carried through a Program of Work, which addresses six primary objectives:
- To represent the agribusiness industry in the legislative arena.
- To provide economic services to members.
- To promote agribusiness development.
- To build coalitions within the agricultural community.
- To educate the public about agribusiness issues.
- To promote agricultural education through elementary, secondary, college, and adult programs.