The Georgia Urban Ag Council, led by its board of directors, will
- promote our industry,
- educate our members,
- offer opportunities for networking and information sharing,
- serve as a consumer resource,
- and support the institutions that educate and train our employees.
The board’s goal is to structure UAC to deliver the greatest impact and benefit in all of these areas, and create a robust association to better represent all sectors of our industry. To ensure that representation, the board consists of:
- three landscape or lawn care contractors,
- one sod producer,
- one irrigation contractor or consultant,
- one parks/recreation/institutional representative,
- one representative from the golf/sports field,
- a nursery/grower representative,
- and one vendor/supplier representative.
The terms are staggered to ensure continuity, varying from 1-3 years. The board will be assisted by advisory boards from all sectors of the industry.
2016 UAC board of directors
Todd Jarrett, President
- President/Owner of Athletic Fields, Inc.
- Area Manager, Super-Sod
- Josh Morrow has been in the sports field and sod business most of his life, following in his father’s (Ken Morrow) footsteps, from sprigging fields in the ’90s to running athletic fields. He is past president of the Georgia Turfgrass Association and has been a member of the Sports Turf Managers Association since 2005.
- Email: jmorrow
- Owner of Sod Atlanta
- Morrow and Rick Hornsby joined with Aaron McWhorter of NG Turf in 1997 to found The Turfgrass Group in Ft. Valley, GA. The company, with its network of licensed growers, is focused on “bringing advanced generation turfgrasses to market” in both domestic and international markets.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Director, Chattahoochee Nature Center
- The nature conservation principals that the Chattahoochee Nature Center, a 38 year old private non-profit organization, practices, demonstrates and teaches on 127 acres of river marsh, fresh water ponds and wooded uplands are critical to the community’s collective efforts to preserve natural resources such as the Chattahoochee River.
- Email: email@example.com
- Owner of Irrigation Consultant Services
- Scott is Founder and President of Irrigation Consultant Services, Inc., Conyers, GA, a well-known irrigation design and consultation firm specializing in irrigation design for residential, commercial, parks, athletic fields, and golf courses.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dixie Speck, Past President
- President and CEO of Solterra, Inc.
- Speck left the corporate world of engineering after 12 years to start her first landscaping business in 1999. Speck started Solterra in 2004 as a full service landscape management company.
- Email: email@example.com
- Owner, TurfPride Lawn Care
- White’s background includes 20 years in the agricultural and green industries, along with time in the pesticide industry including Ciba/Syngenta and ThermoTrilogy. He started and now operates TurfPride branches in Georgia and North Carolina.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen Bauske, Extension Public Service Assistant
- Bodie Pennisi, UGA Extension Horticulturist
- Clint Waltz, Extension Turf Agronomist